Starting in 2008, as a group of several Shoreline churches that organized to assist local schools with landscaping needs, we have evolved into a community-based group looking to leverage community resources and relationships to support students in the Shoreline School District (Cities of Shoreline and Lake Forest Park, WA).
We are also serving as a pilot program for Kinder Konnection to set processes in place to be able to scale this needed work to other school districts in Washington State.
We would love to you to be a part of our team, if you are interested in helping, please send us an email: email@example.com
Bill Bear – A longtime Shoreline advocate that has served the community as:
- Board member and former director of Shoreline Community Care
- Former board member Greater Seattle Cares
- Ministry leader for New Hope Celebrate Recovery
- Former Chairperson for the Briarcrest Neighborhood Association
- ParaEducator for Shoreline School District
- Youth Mentor
- Webmaster for Back to School Consortium and Church of Shoreline websites
Renee Lico – A resident of Lake Forest Park and a Shorecrest parent. Uses her background in Design, Marketing, and Project Management to help bring Embrace Shoreline Schools to the community. Also serves as a:
- Parent Partner for the Forefront Suicide Prevention in Schools program
- Director of Projects for Kinder Konnection and Ambassador for Shoreline/ LFP Schools
- Active participant in the City of Shoreline’s Community Resource Team
- Registrar for the Back to School Consortium
- Certified in Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Graduate of the People’s Academy of Community Engagement from City of Seattle.
Reverend Steve Ulmer
- Former Pastor Richmond Highlands Baptist Church
- Liaison for the faith community to Community Resource Team
- Founder of the original Embrace Shoreline Schools Church – School Partnerships
- Youth Mentor